Click to download a PDF detailing expectations in maths, for each year group:
At Willoughby Primary School, we aim to make children’s learning in mathematics relevant, practical, creative, exciting and engaging. Mathematics teaches children to calculate, communicate, reason and solve problems. It enables children to understand and appreciate relationships and pattern in both number and space in their everyday lives. We aim for children to achieve their fullest potential in this subject.
Teachers from Reception to Year 6 follow the Hamilton Trust Schemes of work and also use a wide variety of resources and ideas to provide children with a range of challenges where they can learn to apply their skills.
Our intent is to:
– ensure that every child has the skills to become a numerate adult
– introduce children to concepts, skills and thinking strategies that are essential in everyday life
– help children make sense of the numbers, patterns and shapes they see in the world around them
– encourage children to acquire a wide vocabulary and understanding of mathematical language
– ensure that every child has instant recall of number bonds and times tables
– help every child to enjoy maths!
Head Teacher: Beatrice Smith
Chair of Governors: Sander Tiel (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Type of School: County Primary Co-Educational Day School for 5-11 years
Willoughby Primary School on the Dept. For Education website