Our aim is to prepare children for a world in which they will become successful, happy & responsible adults.
• Promoting spiritual, cultural, moral, social, physical and mental development.
• Creating a secure and safe environment, where children develop a positive self-image and learn to respect and value others in our school community.
• Promoting moral awareness in our pupils so that they become responsible for their own actions both to themselves and the school community.
• Giving children responsibility.
• Creating a stimulating environment in which children are eager to learn.
• Ensuring that each child has access to a broad and balanced curriculum reaching towards his/her full potential.
• Encouraging excellence in all children.
• Helping children to enjoy being a child.
As a staff we believe strongly that children only have “one chance”. We must therefore ensure that the education that they receive at Willoughby is one of the very highest standard in all aspects of their development.
Everyone involved with the education and welfare of children at Willoughby Primary School is committed to the shared aims and values which will enable our school to enjoy sustained success and our children to have achievements of which we can all be justifiably proud.
For pupils at any stage the curriculum is the sum of all that they experience in school. This includes the formal programme of educational provision, the informal programme of extra-curricular activities, and those aspects of organisation, management and inter-personal relationships that contribute to the development of the school ethos.
The curriculum is an active, growing and changing process and its content will involve a selection by schools from the knowledge, skills, concepts, attitudes and values appropriate to the age and aptitude of their pupils.”
Address: Willoughby Primary School, Church Lane, Willoughby on the Wolds, LE126SS
Phone: 01509 880620 | Fax: 01509 881834